1 This Competition is open to all RSA citizens of 18 years and older, excluding Members, Directors and family members of Smile Foundation, KWDSA, Gold Reef City, Afrika Tikkun and its partners and sponsors of this initiative.
2 Tickets for the entry into the Theme Park includes entry into the below mentioned draw.
3 Tickets can be purchased online via the iTickets website from 23rd June 2022 at 07h00 until 6th October at 12h00.
4 Entries into the Car competition can be done as follows:
o An online purchase of R200 for a Gold Reef City Theme Park ticket via the iTickets online ticketing system, each ticket purchased will give you Two Free Entries into the final draw, plus a single General Access Gold Reef City Theme Park ticket for Thursday, 6th October 2022.
o Tickets are limited to 8,000 Tickets on Thursday, 6th October 2022
5 The R200 Theme Park ticket purchase – Terms and conditions as follows:
◦ Tickets, prices, show times, hours and days of operations are subject to change without notice.
◦ All facilities are used at own risk and management reserves the right to limit entry into Gold Reef City and/or to evict, without refund, any person, not abiding by the General Rules, Boarding Notices or Park Guides.
◦ Under no circumstances will management or the owners be liable for any losses or damages sustained as a result of injuries, theft or accidents, whatsoever arising, whether occasioned by any person failing to abide by these Rules and Boarding Notices, or by own act or omissions. Any queries must be directed to management who are responsible for the operating and management of Gold Reef City.
◦ Gates at entrance to the Theme Park close at 16h00 – no entry after 16h00. Unless you have a valid armband for the day.
◦ Shoes must be worn in the park at all times.
◦ Performances, operating times and prices are subject to change without notice and refunds are at management’s discretion. When unsafe weather conditions dictate, certain rides, shows and attractions may be closed.
◦ First Aid: for your safety, nurses are on duty during park operating hours.
◦ No firearms or other dangerous objects are allowed into Gold Reef City under any circumstances and offenders may be prosecuted. Management reserves the right to confiscate any such items found.
◦ No offensive behaviour as a result of alcohol or other controlled substance abuse permitted in Gold Reef City.
◦ No pets, skateboards, roller blades, two way radios or bicycles are allowed into Gold Reef City.
◦ All children 12 years and under are subject to a responsible adult’s supervision.
◦ Guests may not bring their own food or beverages of any kind or form into Gold Reef City.
◦ All signage inside Gold Reef City is in English. If any instruction is unclear, please ask Guest Services for assistance.
◦ For your safety, some rides and attractions are restricted according to height.
◦ Always adhere to the height restriction – it is for your own safety.
◦ Depending on your personal health status please be advised that certain rides can be hazardous to your health.
◦ Some ride seat restraints may not accommodate guests with certain upper body dimensions. Please use the test seat at the queue line entrance to ensure your ability to safely ride. This applies to Miners Revenge, Anaconda and Tower of Terror specifically. Storm Chaser and High Flying Maverick has the same seat restraints, but these rides do not have test seats.
◦ Certain rides are not recommended for expectant mothers.
◦ No smoking, eating or drinking allowed on the rides or in ride queues.
◦ Shoes must be worn on all rides at all times.
◦ Availability of rides are subject to change without notice and refunds are at management’s discretion.
◦ When unsafe weather conditions dictate, certain rides, may be closed.
◦ Follow the Operator’s instructions and obey safety rules at all times.
◦ No queue jumping or place keeping permitted.
◦ Safety restraints are to be secure at all times until the ride comes to a complete stop.
◦ Stay seated until the ride comes to a complete stop.
◦ Secure loose objects. Leave valuable items with a non-rider friend or use the locker facilities.
◦ Gold Reef City Management reserve the right to refuse use of any ride to visibly intoxicated persons.
◦ Please be advised that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, no rain checks or refunds will be given due to bad weather or mechanical failure.
6 Golden Ticket Draws will take place on Thursday, 6th October 2022 @ 14h00
• The Golden Ticket draws will be done via a random number generator supplied by Smile foundation on Thursday, 6th October 2022 @ 14h00 on the promotional stage in Town Square situated in Gold Reef City Theme Park.
• The winners of these prizes will be notified via their contact details and if they give consent will be announced via social media!
a Golden Ticket draws
b 3 x Golden Tickets (Theme Park tickets for a year valued @ R12 000 per ticket)
i. Each Golden ticket prize allows for 4 Theme Park tickets for 12 months = total of 48 tickets valid from 6th October 2022 until 6th October 2023
ii. Tickets can only be claimed on a day that the Park is open and has capacity available
iii. Tickets not redeemed per month cannot roll over to the next month and will be forfeited if not used
iv. Bookings for the monthly tickets must be made via Goldreef.firstname.lastname@example.org 2 weeks in advance to the date of visit.
7 Main Draw Thursday, 6th October 2022
a The 1st prize awarded will be a 2022 Kia Sonet valued at over R300, 000 sponsored by Smile Foundation/ KWDSA.
b 2rd Prize – Gold Reef City Weekend Offer for 2 adults & 2 children under 18 valued at R10 000
i. Prize includes airport transfers from either Lanseria or OR Tambo only
ii. Prize excludes flights to Gold Reef City, Lanseria or OR Tambo
iii. Accommodation is subject to Hotel availability
iv. Prize includes Breakfast
v. All extras are for the winner’s account
8 The Main draw will take place on Thursday, 6th October 2022 at the Gold Reef City Theme Park, at 14h00 and the winners can only be announced once the winner has been notified and agree to his name mentioned in Public. The winner will be announced by the MC over the PA system.
9 The Auditors a representing Smile Foundation will oversee the draws.
10 The winner will be contacted telephonically/via email/via social media within 3 days of the competition concluding and audited.
11 The onus shall lie with the winner to ensure that the vehicle is insured, licenced and registered prior to collection of the vehicle.
12 The winner will be chosen via a random online method.
13 Entries to be provided by iTickets online ticketing system in line with the POPI act.
14 A Redraw will take place if the prizes are not claimed within 15 days or if the winner is unreachable.
15 In the event of a dispute, the Smile Foundation /KWDSA’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered regarding the result.